Beet Salad Recipe
Our Beet Salad Recipe combines the earthy flavors of beets with radishes and a Dijon mustard vinaigrette. This is a very easy recipe to make, but it does require time to boil the beets.
1.5 pounds beets
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 scallions, thinly sliced
Green leaf lettuce
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. Clean the beets, cut off the stems and root tip of the beet.
2. In a large pot, boil water. (You want enough water to cover the beets.)
3. When the water is boiling, add the beets and boil for 30-40 minutes.
4. Once done, let the beets cool, peel and slice thinly.
5. Place sliced beets in large bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and fennel seeds.
7. Slowly add oil in a stream and continue whisking.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Pour the dressing over the beets leaving 3 tablespoons of dressing in the small bowl.
10. Add the radishes and scallions to the remaining dressing in the small bowl and toss to coat.
11. Place the lettuce on a platter and top with beets.
12. Sprinkle beets with radishes and scallions.
13. Garnish with parsley.
Published at Wed, 17 Nov 2021 06:28:53 +0000