Activision and developers Infinity Ward are warning gamers about a big Call of Duty Modern Warfare update being released this week. Launching on Tuesday, April 28, this latest patch will also bring a few notable tweaks to Warzone Mode. For now, we only have a shortlist of what is coming to the game, along with the news that gamers will need to download a hefty patch.
This will need to be downloaded by both Warzone and Modern Warfare gamers, and will weigh in at around 15GB on consoles.
The good news is that Infinity Ward plans to share patch notes before the new MW update goes live, meaning we should know exactly what it includes before it goes live.
The latest guidance from the development team adds: “Currently targeting April 28th for our next update. Patch notes will go out shortly before the update begins rolling out.
“Tuesday’s update includes a required download for PlayStation and Xbox, about 15gbs, and is required to access Modern Warfare.
“Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu.
“Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.
“There’s also something new to chase. Can we interest you in Obsidian camo? Or maybe you want to mix and match blueprint weapon attachments to your heart’s content, even on another blueprint weapon.”
While the game is getting a sizable download, Infinity Ward has also confirmed that there will be a playlist update as well.
Modern Warfare gamers will see the release of Shoot the Ship 24/7 on Tuesday, which also includes Cranked and Grind, along with some Gunfight variations.
When it comes to Warzone, Activision has confirmed that they will be making one change that gamers should spot quickly.
According to the development team, they will be tweaking both the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone.
That could be huge, depending on what Infinity Ward plans to tweak, especially when it comes to the final showdown.
Right now, Circle speeds in Warzone start fast and can quickly trap Battle Royale squads who have not been tracking it.
The power of the gas is also quite high, meaning you don’t get much time to avoid being eliminated.
The balancing act is made through being able to drop into the Gulag and have a chance at respawning.
The circle speed drops with each cycle, meaning that the final showdown can usually be tackled at a walking pace.
It will also be interesting to see how the dev team chooses to change the size of the circle and how that might affect the final gunfights.
Early patch notes for this week’s Call of Duty Modern Warfare update can be found below:
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
Published at Mon, 27 Apr 2020 17:24:00 +0000