Call of Duty Modern Warfare update: Great Warzone patch news for PS4 and Xbox One
As expected following last week’s big Season 4 patch, a new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update is expected to arrive in the coming days. Developers Infinity Ward launched a ton of new content at the end of June, bringing with it MW maps, modes and a new Warzone weapon. COD fans have been busy exploring everything that has changed in the game following this patch was released.
Warzone gamers can drop in Verbansk and check out the new Rytec Sniper Rifle – after it has been unlocked – and the new 200-player Warzone mode.
But following the introduction of the Rytec AMR Sniper, gamers have suggested further changes for the game.
This is to be expected after new content has been released, and new weapon balances have been made.
Bugs have been found while using the Sniper Rifle, including problems with the scope mechanics.
Players are currently struggling to change the reticle on the sniper, while there are also issues with the Double XP event.
The good news is that Activision has confirmed that a fix for the Sniper is coming and could be ready for release later this week.
A message from one of the Infinity Ward development team reveals: “Hopefully a fix in for this early next week. It’s in QA now.”
The issues attached to the Sniper Rifle’s XP have been put down to problems with explosive rounds, and Activision has told fans to remove them from their loadouts until it is fixed.
The downside to all this is that we do not when this new Call of Duty update will be launched.
Activision usually shares news on what’s coming to Warzone and Modern Warfare in a weekly blog, which could give us some early patch news.
This could be shared later today, before any new update is released on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
When it comes to the release of Call of Duty Modern Warfare patches, these usually arrive on Tuesdays, or Wednesday, if you live in the UK.
This can provide a rough guide that the new Warzone Season 4 update could arrive as early as July 7 in the United States.
For gamers in the UK, a new COD patch could be available to download the following day, at around 7am BST.
For those still trying to unlock the new Rytec AMR, Activision has provided these tips on how best to do it: To unlock the Rytec AMR, players need to get three Quickscope Kills using Sniper or Marksman Rifles in 15 different matches.
Activision has provided these tips for completing the challenges across PS4, Xbox One and PC:
5. Marksman or Sniper Rifle? Sniper rifles have a more forgiving damage profile, allowing for one-shot kills at greater distances and, in some cases, below the upper chest. However, marksman rifles are more mobile and make it easier to quick scope, at the cost of it being harder to land a reliable one-shot kill outside of a headshot. In summary, choose the weapon type – and more importantly, specific weapon – that fits your skill and comfort level.
4. Quickscoping 101. If you don’t know what quick scoping is, it’s simple: run around, acquire target, aim down sight, fire quickly, and repeat until you get three kinds of these kills in a game to tally one up for this challenge.
3. Stick to Multi-Life Multiplayer and Warzone Modes. Like the Kali Sticks challenge, multi-life game modes allow you to quickly rack up opportunities for quick scope kills. In other words, if that 900 reload cancel double switch fakie off the tower in Rust doesn’t work out, you can respawn and try, try again.
2. A Montage-Worthy Loadout. Now that you figured out what weapon you’re most comfortable with and how to quick scope with it, here’s a recommended loadout we have for this challenge, keeping in mind you should use a loadout that’s to your personal preference:
1. Reconnaissance is Power. Whether it’s running Recon Drones and UAVs on your own or playing with squad that makes reliable callouts and uses these recon tools religiously, the more intel you have on enemy movements, the more information you have to set-up your quick scoping trap.
Published at Mon, 06 Jul 2020 01:47:00 +0000