UPDATE: A new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update has been released today by developers Infinity Ward for PS4, Xbox One and PC. It doesn’t include a large download and shouldn’t take for gamers to get back to multiplayer and COD Warzone.
Full patch notes have been shared for this week’s playlist changes, while further news regarding today’s MW update can be found below:
CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE PLAYLIST CHANGES
- Replacing Plunder Trios with Blood Money Trios
- Disabled helicopters in BR
- Removing: GW Reinfected, Cranked 3v3 Gunfight, Ground War
- Shoot the Ship becomes Shipment 24/7
- Gun Game becomes Gun Game Reloaded
- Adding Demolition
- Adding Boots on the Ground War
ORIGINAL: A new weekly Call of Duty Modern Warfare update looks set to drop across all major platforms. Baed on recent weeks, we can determine that a new Playlist patch could arrive as early as Tuesday, May 5, although it’s unclear at what time. If it is a small enough patch, Activision may choose to release its latest COD changes at around 6pm, GMT.
However, if the next Call of Duty Modern Warfare update is going to be meatier, it will be more likely to arrive at around 7am GMT, the following morning.
For now, Activision has shared a short outline on what is being planned for Warzone and Modern Warfare this week, and it’s mostly stuff for non-Battle Royale gamers.
A news blog has been shared today, revealing that Demolition mode will be available play in MW this week, as well as a Shipment 24/7 playlist, and Plunder Blood Money returning to Warzone.
A message from developers Infinity Ward explains: “Demolition represents tactical chaos at its finest, as players attempt to outsmart and overpower the other team. Do you all rush in together, or split up and cover the map? Should you run in and plant the bomb, or watch for enemies and provide cover?”
While we can expect some new stuff to be added to Modern Warfare in the coming weeks, we know that one big Warzone change probably won’t be ready in the coming days.
COD fans have been waiting for the release of Warzone Duos, a mode that has yet to be released by Infinity Ward.
The good news is that the team has finally confirmed that they are working on bringing pairs to Warzone, via GamerGen.
The only downside is that they have also revealed that Warzone Duos is not ready to be released yet on PS4, Xbox One or PC.
There are still bugs to work out before it can be added to the game, so COD gamers will need to carry on being patient.
Activision has also shared a list of issues that are currently being looked into by the development team.
The main problems currently being faced by COD fans is with connection to servers, something that will be a priority.
For the latest news on all the current Call of Duty problems being looked into by Infinity Ward, you can find the official known issues list below:
It says the latest update for the game is 170 GB – PC
- We’re investigating an issue related to the download size of the latest update (3/26).
The update progress bar says 100% but I can’t launch the game – Xbox One
- We’re investigating an issue affecting the update/download progress bar on Xbox One.
My rank dropped to 1 after a playlist update – PlayStation 4
- We’re investigating an issue causing ranks to display as 1 after a playlist update. This is a visual error; ranks are not lost.
I left a Regiment and got “Memory Error: 13-71” – All platforms
- We’re actively investigating issues causing Memory Error: 13-71.
I got a Dev Error when I launched Warzone – PC
- We’re investigating multiple PC Dev Errors, including 6080, 6034, 6323, 6328, 1109, 6036, 6070, 6066, 5759, and 6065.
I can’t revive myself in Warzone – PlayStation 4
- We’re investigating issues with self-revive for players playing solo Warzone.
I’m getting a “Clan Tag Denied” message – All platforms
- We’re investigating reports that some players are receiving a “Clan Tag Denied” message when attempting to create or change a Clan Tag.
I keep getting a message that says “Update requires restart” – PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
We’re working to fix an issue causing players to get caught in an update loop. In the meantime, some players have found that clearing cache on their consoles ends this update loop. Follow the steps in this article to clear your console’s cache. In some cases, clearing cache may need to be done multiple times between attempts to load the game.
I’m getting Dev Error 6065/6066/6068. – PC
- We’ve identified an issue that is causing hang crashes on the GPU, particularly during Campaign cutscenes. These crashes will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
Published at Tue, 05 May 2020 19:01:00 +0000