Activision has released a new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update today that brings Season 3 content to MW multiplayer modes, and COD Warzone. The new patch is rolling out now on PS4, Xbox One and PC and weighs in at around 14GB. The big news is that new modes and maps are part of the free Modern Warfare update, along with changes to COD Warzone.
This includes the introduction of Warzone Quads, making it possible to drop into the map with the largest group size yet.
Owners of the full version of Modern Warfare will also get to experience a trio of new 6v6 maps as part of Season Three, including Talsik Backlot, Hovec Sawmill, and Aniyah Incursion.
But while there will be plenty of new stuff to check out this week, not all content will be available today.
A message from Activision explains: “As the Season continues, expect more playlists in Multiplayer like Demolition, Gun Game Reloaded, Gunfight variants, and more.
“No matter what and where you are fighting, be sure to check the Barracks for a new batch of Missions.
“These include XP rewards along with blueprints, skins for both Operators and vehicles, and more, so dive in and watch the free content keep flowing.”
COD Warzone gamers are getting access to Quads today but more playlists and modes are being worked on too.
Activision has warned that they will be making changes to ground loot in Warzone during Season 3, to help diversify the strategies players can use in the Battle Royale mode.
Some of these will change the loot pool to specific weapon types, including ‘Scopes and Scatter Guns’ (only sniper rifles & shotguns), in addition to other combinations.
Another big part of today’s launch is the introduction of the new Call of Duty Battle Pass.
The Season 3 Battle Pass includes paid and free tiers, with all players able to earn two free new weapons at Tiers 15 and 31: the Renetti handgun and the SKS marksman rifle.
20 Tiers of Free Content have been confirmed, with Activision adding: “Players can also earn a handgun blueprint the ‘Cerastes’, a Legendary and meaty assault rifle blueprint the ‘Beefeater’, and a Legendary sniper blueprint to spell demise for your enemies in Warzone the ‘Witching Hour’, 300 Call of Duty points, and more.
“The first of the two free weapons – the Renetti is a well-rounded semi-auto 9mm pistol with an alternative three-round burst attachment. Unassuming, yet deadly, this sidearm excels in close-range combat, but can be kitted for a variety of situations.
“The second earnable weapon is the SKS, a lightweight, semi-auto carbine chambered in 7.62x39mm rounds. This hard hitting and agile Soviet-style marksman rifle focuses on utility over accuracy, which has helped it stand the test of time. It flaunts a faster fire rate than other weapons in its class, but a carefully placed round will eliminate the need for follow up shots entirely.”
Full patch notes for today’s Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 3 release can be found below:
MODERN WARFARE PATCH NOTES FOR CALL OF DUTY SEASON 3
- Lowered the max amount of XP and score given for Decoy Grenade assists
- Backend fixes to help Memory Error 13-71 issues. If you’re still experiencing this error, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present in the squad walk in the main multiplayer menu
- As an owner of a regiment, players could sometimes see an error when selecting another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to skip cutscenes in the campaign while using keyboard and mouse controls
- Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to see Clan Tags for other players in the Social Menu after restarting app, or going through a power cycle
- Fixed an issue where some players could encounter graphical corruptions, causing their screen to have a black ‘shadow’ that followed them. This has been fixed
- Fix for an area on St. Petrograd that lacked collision and allowed the Recon Drone to fly out of bounds
- Fixed a bug that made clan tags appear twice
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from speaking to their team in a custom match if they switched teams after the match has started
- Lowered the volume of the plane audio during infil
- Lowered the audio once you enter the Gulag
- Reduced the volume of occluded far and distant weapons
- Some footstep sounds while ADS and crouched were cut short on the distance you could hear them, depending on the surface type
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of the EBR could out perform the base version of the same weapon
- Players with the “Cherry Blossom” variant of the Akimbo handguns could have broken animations while ADS on ladders. This has been fixed
- Firing a smoke grenade with the under barrel 40mm smokescreen launcher did not emit any smoke from the grenade. This has been fixed
- Attaching the Sniper Scope to the MK2 Carbine while in the Gunsmith would show a white, opaque lens. This has been fixed.
- Tightened the pellet spread on the Slug 6-R Mags for the Model 680
- Akimbo weapons now start with 2 extra magazines of ammunition instead of 1
- Tightened up the hip spread on the VLK Rogue Shotgun
- Decreased ADS spread for shotgun slugs
- Added descriptions to slugs noting that longer barrels and chokes improve ADS accuracy
- Updating names of weapons to match weapon logos
- 725: “FTAC Equilibrium” renamed to “Cronen Equilibrium”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4″ Archangel” renamed to “Tempus 26.4″ Archangel”
- Added on screen text to call out when a player’s vehicle is damaged
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for an error that could occur after launching the drone
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed a bug where the minimap could overlap the Objectives on screen
- Fall damage is now the same in Co-Op as it is in Warzone
- We now tell you how far away you are from your teammates while in a match
- Fix for the gas mask animation interrupting and blocking players from deploying their parachute
- Various exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where players were unable to revive teammates after getting interrupted during the initial revive animation
- Fixed a bug where players could be killed by vehicles without being near the player
- Fixed an issue that could display the incorrect rank on screen after the player’s game application had been suspended and reopened
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone would use the VO lines for a Personal Radar. That VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could become invincible if they become downed while switching seats in a Tac Rover
- While spectating a player in the Gulag, the option to redeploy your teammate would appear on screen, even though they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player spectates the winning team of a BR match, the After-Action Report will display the winning team’s score in the scoreboard tab. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a Shield Turret on a teammate could kill them
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t swap out the M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder tutorial
- Fix for players unable to self-revive in Solos
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $10,000
- Removed Blood Splatter and Screen Shake when being punched in the Gulag waiting area
- Removed Loss Column from BR Leaderboard and replaced with Top 10s
- Fixed issue with final circles occurring out of bounds or in undesirable areas
- Fixed issue with Armor plates and Killstreaks being unusable under certain conditions
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Published at Wed, 08 Apr 2020 06:03:00 +0000