Cambodian-Style Stir Fried Chicken Recipe
Our Cambodian-Style Stir Fried Chicken recipe is an easy recipe to make. I would advise doing the prep beforehand so that you can quickly get going with your wok. The end result is a flavorful chicken, and the scallions give it a delicious touch. Serve over Jasmine rice!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 to 1.5″ chunks
8 ounces sliced cremini mushroom
4 ounces ginger, peeled and cut into slices
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 scallions, cut into 1.5 to 2″ lengths
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1.5 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 tablespoons canola oil
Jasmine rice, cooked
1. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
2. In a large wok heat the oil over medium heat.
3. When hot, add the ginger. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the ginger is golden brown.
4. Use a slotted spoon and discard ginger slices.
5. Sauté garlic about 20 seconds.
6. Increase heat to medium-high and add the chicken.
7. Cook chicken for 2 minutes (chicken should be browned on all sides).
8. Add the mushrooms and season with about 1/4 teaspoon salt.
9. Cook for 2-minutes, the mushrooms should be soft and glistening.
10. Add the seasoning sauce to the wok.
11. Cook stirring quickly to incorporate the flavors.
12. Add the green onion and cook briefly until they wilt.
13. Serve over Jasmine rice.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Cambodian-Style Stir Fried Chicken recipe can be paired with a red or white wine; however, I like it with a Pinot Grigio. The lime and lemon notes of the wine pair well with the savory salty flavors of this dish. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com
Published at Fri, 27 May 2022 16:30:00 +0000