Canadian Bacon and Egg Muffin Recipe
Our Canadian Bacon and Egg Muffin recipe is an easy breakfast dish for the start of the day. We also use a pesto and yogurt sauce to toss in a tasty curveball.
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons prepared pesto
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
4 whole wheat English muffins
4-8 slices cooked Canadian bacon
1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, bring 3″ of water to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the vinegar.
3. Work in two batches to poach the eggs (poach 4 at a time.)
4. Crack one egg into a small bowl.
5. Move the bowl close to the water as you slip the egg into the pan.
6. Repeat with other eggs.
7. Cook the eggs until the whites are firm (3-5 minutes.)
8. Use a slotted spoon to carefully remove the eggs to a plate.
9. In a small bowl mix the yogurt and pesto together.
10. Toast the English muffins.
11. Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Published at Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:36:00 +0000