Country Quiche Recipe
Our Country Quiche recipe is an easy recipe that is versatile enough to serve as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. This definitely isn’t a calorie friendly meal, but sometimes you have to splurge and eat some “stick to your ribs” food. Enjoy!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
1/2-pound ground pork sausage with sage
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
10 grape tomatoes, sliced in half and sprinkled with salt
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1 9-inch unbaked frozen pie shell
1. Take a fork and poke holes in the bottom and sides of the thawed crust.
2. Precook crust according to directions.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. In a large skillet cook the sausage until browned and cooked through (10-minutes).
5. Once cooked, remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and reserve.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the baking powder, tomatoes and eggs.
7. Add the cooked sausage and cheese to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Spoon mixture into the pie shell.
10. Bake until the filling is set (30-minutes).
11. Let it cool for 30-minutes before serving.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Country Quiche recipe has the strong flavors that come from the sausage and cheese. I would pair this dish with a Pinot Grigio. The lime and lemon notes of the wine tone it down a bit and compliment the quiche. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Thu, 08 Sep 2022 17:16:00 +0000