Crawfish Pie Recipe
Crawfish Monica is a signature dish of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. It is a pasta dish that is made with crawfish tails, cream, butter, garlic, green onions, and a spicy seasoning blend, typically served over cooked pasta. Our Crawfish Monica recipe is a take on this popular dish!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
1 package fettuccine noodles
1 stick butter
8 garlic cloves, diced
1 large bunch of green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 pint half and half
2 teaspoons Tony’s seasoning
12 ounces crawfish tails
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté green onions and garlic (3-minutes).
2. Put crawfish tails in a bowl and toss with Tony’s and cayenne.
3. Add crawfish to the vegetable mixture and sauté for 2-minutes.
4. Add the half and half and cook for 8-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Cook fettucine noodles according to boxes instructions.
6. When noodles are done, drain and add to a large bowl.
7. Pour crawfish mixture over noodles.
8. Finish with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Crawfish Monica recipe has nice spice from the crawfish, and it pairs great with a Pinot Grigio. The lime and lemon notes of the wine tone it down a bit and compliment the dish. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines- LetsHaveWine.com.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Thu, 23 Feb 2023 23:40:08 +0000