Crawfish Pie Recipe
Our Crawfish Pie recipe is a south Louisiana favorite. It is similar to a quiche, but we do not add cheese and we use crawfish as the primary protein. While crawfish can be difficult to find outside of Louisiana, we have noted that Walmart does carry frozen crawfish tails!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
1 9-inch unbaked frozen pie shell
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
1/4 cup minced celery
1.5 teaspoons Tony’s Creole seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1-pound peeled crawfish tails
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 large egg, beaten
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Take a fork and poke holes in the bottom and sides of the thawed crust.
2. Precook crust according to directions.
3. Preheat oven to 375F.
4. In a large skillet melt the butter over high heat.
5. When the butter sizzles, add the onions, green bell pepper red bell pepper, celery and salt.
6. Sauté the vegetables for approximately 3-minutes.
7. In a separate bowl, add the crawfish tails and season with Tony’s, tossing to mix evenly.
8. Add the crawfish and garlic to the sauté pan and sauté for 2-minutes.
9. Stir in the Tabasco, Worcestershire and green onions and cook for 2-minutes.
10. Whisk in the cream and turn off the heat.
11. Slowly stir in the egg to incorporate it, as you don’t want to cook it.
12. Stir in the breadcrumbs.
13. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. (You want the crust to be slightly browned and the middle to be set.)
14. Let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Crawfish Pie recipe has nice spice from the crawfish, and it pairs great with a Pinot Grigio. The lime and lemon notes of the wine tone it down a bit and compliment the crawfish pie. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Wed, 21 Dec 2022 04:14:44 +0000