Destiny 2 players have plenty to look forward to with the launch of the Season of Dawn update.
Scheduled to begin later today, December 10, we already know plenty about the new content coming to the game on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
But something fans may have missed is the warning that Bungie has shared before everything kicks off.
According to the development team, certain activities and content will not be passing over to the new season.
This includes things like the Vex Offensive and means that certain bits of content will be locked away.
The big items have been confirmed by Bungie and mean Guardians only have until the Season of Dawn release time to complete the highlighted:
- Undying’s free and premium Season rewards—including acquisition for Eriana’s Vow
- Eriana’s Vow catalyst quest
- Vex Offensive matchmade activity
- Vex Invasions on the Moon
- Vex Weapon Data Seeds from Ikora
- The Gatelord’s Eye Seasonal Artifact
- Power bonuses granted from the Seasonal Artifact
- Season-specific Triumphs, seals, and titles
The good news is that Eriana’s Vow and its catalyst quest will become obtainable through alternative acquisition paths in a future release.
And Bungie has confirmed that even players who have obtained and begun this quest may complete it after the season ends.
But for now, it’s best to complete anything left over before the release of the new Destiny 2 update.
WHEN IS THE DESTINY 2 SEASON OF DAWN RELEASE TIME?
Bungie has confirmed that the Season of Dawn has a release date set for December 10, 2019.
Destiny 2 gamers have been given a rundown of how events will proceed, including the release time for the new download.
According to the schedule, the Destiny 2 update including the Season of Dawn will be going live at 6pm, GMT.
For gamers in the United States, it means things will be kicking off earlier at 10am, PT, which is the normal Weekly Reset time.
The current schedule as confirmed by Bungie:
- 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny service maintenance begins
- 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 are taken offline on all platforms
- 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 2.7.0 begins rolling out across all platforms and regions
- 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are back online on all platforms; Season of Dawn begins
- 11 AM PST (1900 UTC): Destiny service maintenance concludes
When everything has been rolled out, Guardians can expect some hefty patch notes to be shared online. These will include all the major changes and explain the big features fans will want to explore.
Bungie has noted that one major feature going live with today’s update will make it possible to disable clan invite notifications in-game.
“Starting with the 2.7.0 update, PC players will be able to disable these in-game notifications by going to Settings > Gameplay > Clan Invite Notifications,” a message from Bungie reads.
“When this feature is disabled, players will no longer receive clan invite notifications during Destiny 2 gameplay. Players on other platforms can expect this feature to arrive at a later date.
“Please note that all players can already disable clan invites entirely if they so choose by visiting their Bungie.net profile settings.
“In a desktop browser, this can be found under Settings > Privacy > Destiny Privacy. Here, players can individually choose which platforms they do and do not wish to have clan invites enabled on.”
But expect a lot more stuff to be confirmed in the upcoming Destiny 2 patch notes, expected to go live after 6pm, GMT.
Published at Tue, 10 Dec 2019 06:39:00 +0000