While outages have grown more frequent from leading online games in recent months, today’s FIFA 20 server outage is part of planned maintenance schedule.
EA servers are currently offline for FIFA 20 gamers, and downtime is expected to continue over the coming hours.
According to the latest news on the subject, FIFA 20 servers will only be down for a total of four hours today, July 1, 2020.
This will affect FIFA 20 Ultimate Team, which will be unplayable during the current maintenance period across all platforms.
The good news is that FIFA downtime is only expected to last until 11am BST, meaning at least another three hours of maintenance.
This outage in Ultimate Team and other core online services is set to affect both FIFA 20 and FIFA 19 games on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
A message from the EA Sports support team explains: “We have scheduled maintenance coming up on July 1st, from 7 AM to 11 AM BST. FUT match creation will be disabled 30 minutes prior to maintenance.
“During this time, you may be disconnected or unable to connect to EA servers on all platforms. Impacted titles: FIFA 19 and 20.”
EA Sports has not explained what is being done during the maintenance but a new update was recently released for the AAA game.
This has yet to arrive on consoles but the PC patch notes confirm the following changes:
Made the following change:
- Added the Special Quality Filter, a new feature that will be activated through a server release at a later date and time, and this activation will be announced on the @EAFIFADIRECT Twitter account.
- The Special Quality Filter enables players to search for the exact Player Item rarity.
- The Special Quality Filter is available in the Transfer Market, and in the Club tab of the Squad screen.
- The Special Quality Filter can be accessed by hovering over the Quality tile when performing a search, followed by pressing your controller’s confirmation button.
- Known Issue: The Special Quality Filter incorrectly displays an option to search for Silver FUT Champions Items, an Item rarity that is not present in-game.
Addressed the following issue:
- When selecting one of the first 7 Player Items in the search results, the Compare Price function on the Transfer Market was only displaying 1 page of Player Items.
Published at Wed, 01 Jul 2020 06:57:00 +0000