Fortnite update 12.61 has been announced with server downtime on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android.
The final update of Season 2 has a May 26 release date on consoles, mobile and PC.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside confirmation that the servers will go down at 7am BST in the UK.
While there’s no official end time, Fortnite fans can expect the game to come back online at around 9am in the UK.
“Hi, everyone. v12.61 is scheduled for Tuesday, May 26. Downtime will begin at 2 AM ET (0600 UTC),” reads an Epic tweet. “We’ll post updates when downtime begins and ends.”
As you can see from the patch notes below, the Fortnite update fixes problems with the Dragacorn Glider, as well as Hit Indicators showing the wrong direction.
Needless to say, the new update will also lay the foundation for the end of season Doomsday event, which takes place on the evening of May 30.
It’s believed parts of the map will be flooded in the run up to Season 3, which kicks off on June 4.
You can check out the Fortnite update 12.61 patch notes below…
Fortnite update 12.61 patch notes…
• Numbers not changing on sports-themed Outfits.
– When changing the number for a sports-themed Outfit, the change may not apply.
• Unable to refund Dragacorn Glider.
– We’re aware that owners of the Dragacorn Glider may not have been given the option to refund it after its animation changed in v12.60.
– We are working to address this issue and will provide an update once it’s resolved.
• Hit Indicators showing wrong direction.
– Hit / Damage Indicators will sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
• iOS players hitching at high rate
– We’re investigating an issue on iOS that is causing players to hitch at a high rate, potentially leading to a crash.
Save the World update 12.61 patch notes…
• Ammo is consumed when a weapon is dropped and picked up.
– Dropping or spawning a weapon and picking it up will sometimes cause you to lose ammo.
– With the release of v12.60, this issue has been resolved on Xbox One, PC, and Mac. It will be resolved on PlayStation 4 in a future game update.
Fortnite update 12.61 Battle Royale issues currently being investigated…
• Party Assist for Missions temporarily unavailable.
– We are continuing to work on the updated Party Assist, but it will not be available before our next Season. We’ll provide an update when Party Assist is available again, as well as let you know what’s changed. Thank you for your patience.
• Replays not saving.
– Some players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One may not see any recorded replays when viewing them in the Career tab.
• Split Screen: Game freezes when leaving party on Xbox One.
– Selecting “Leave Party” while in a Split Screen party on Xbox One may cause the game to freeze.
• Unable to matchmake when Splitscreen’d after trying to join Creative.
– Players may find themselves unable to matchmake while in Splitscreen session if one of the players tries to join another friend in a Creative server.
Published at Mon, 25 May 2020 21:53:00 +0000