Green Chile Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Our Green Chile Shrimp Scampi recipe is a fun dish which combines the traditional lemon garlic butter sauce with the flavors of green chiles. There are a lot of shrimp scampi recipes out there, so break from the norm and try this tasty entree!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
10 ounces spaghetti
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 4-ounce cans of hot green chiles
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon zested and juiced
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Optional- pinch red pepper flakes
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
3. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and season with a pinch of Kosher salt.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
5. Cook shrimp about 1-minute/ side and transfer to a bowl. You want the shrimp to be pink, but slightly undercooked at this point.
6. In Dutch oven, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook jalapeno and garlic cloves for 1-minute. Garlic should start to soften and turn golden brown.
7. Add green chiles, salt and pepper and cook for 2-minutes.
8. Add lemon juice and cook until the mixture looks jammy (1-2 minutes).
9. Add pasta, shrimp, butter, pasta water and lemon zest.
10. Cook for 2-minutes (butter should be melted and the pasta look glossy).
11. Remove from heat, add parsley and any additional salt and pepper as well as red pepper flakes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Green Chile Shrimp Scampi recipe goes great with Pinot Grigio. The citrus notes of the wine pair well with the butter and green chiles. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Sat, 03 Sep 2022 16:07:00 +0000