GTA 6 release update as fans left waiting following Rockstar Games disappointment

GTA 6 release update as fans left waiting following Rockstar Games disappointment

Fans were left disappointed this week following the news that a recent GTA 6 rumours had been proven false. There had been hopes that something was set to be announced by Rockstar Games this week, concerning the future of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. However, March 25 came and went and fans were left none the wise about the GTA 6 release date.

But even though this most recent update has proven, fans are still hopeful for an announcement in the coming months.

The latest find by Grand Theft Auto fans concerns a website allegedly owned by Take-Two Interactive.

CCN reports that GTAIV.com is owned by Rockstar Games and that it has recently received an update.

This has been tracked by GTA enthusiasts, who conclude that it no longer redirects to official Rockstar Games websites.

Any movement on properties even remotely connected to the Grand Theft Auto franchise is going to ping up loudly for those tracking the current situation.

But so far, nothing else has happened to suggest an announcement is coming soon.

Could it mean that Rockstar Games are getting ready to launch the first GTA 6 site officially?

At this point, there is no guarantee it means anything but it certainly adds to the swirly of intrigue surrounding the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

Fans have also been asking trusted industry sources if there is anything to get excited about concerning the GTA 6 release date.

Kotaku’s Jason Schreier was asked on Twitter about the game and if some kind of announcement could be coming in April.

And his reply suggests that we could be waiting months, perhaps longer, to hear more about GTA 6.

Schreier replied: “I don’t expect news on the next GTA for a while.”

And it appears that while fans want to find out more about the next Grand Theft Auto game, fans would also love to find out what other projects Rockstar Games has planned.

There have been hints from parent company Take-Two Interactive that they would like to see more games released by the studio in the future.

So even if we don’t hear much about GTA 6 in 2020, that doesn’t mean Rockstar Games aren’t working on other projects.

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has provided the most up to date information on Rockstar Games and its plans, although rarely referencing the studio on its own.

Zelnick provided some guidance on the company’s plans for the AAA game pipeline in place for 2020. During an earnings report in February, Zelnick was asked whether gamers could expect a new AAA game in 2020, as Take-Two aspires to do this every year.

His response did not reference the Grand Theft Auto franchise directly but did suggest that TT2 could end up missing that target during some years.

Zelnick told the meeting: “So as we always do, you’re going to hear our initial outlook for fiscal ’21 in May, and our labels, of course, always make our product releases. We have set our strategy, as you correctly pointed out, is to have a strong frontline release schedule, both iterations from beloved franchises.

“We have 11 franchises that have sold in at least 5 million units within one release as well as new intellectual property, and we are working on the most robust pipeline in our history. That said, we haven’t always been able to achieve our goal of having a strong frontline release schedule in every year, even in the recent past.”

Adding: “Given that we’re a company that depends on our creative teams to make as close to perfect products as possible, we have to be willing to live with the vagaries of product deliveries.

“And that means, sometimes, we will have thin frontline years. But even in those frontline years, we’ve been able to deliver really great financial results.”

Published at Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:51:00 +0000