Meghan Markle’s ‘bittersweet’ return to UK after she ‘risked it all’ REVEALED

Meghan Markle’s ‘bittersweet’ return to UK after she ‘risked it all’ REVEALED

The Sussexes will attend the Endeavour Fund Awards on Thursday before they leave the UK behind for a fresh start in North America. In an interview with OK! Magazine, royal expert Katie Nicholl said that the return will be “bittersweet” for Meghan.

Ms Nicholl claims that Meghan will “feel sadness” about how everything turned out, but will be prepared to wear a “brave face” in public.

The expert said: “It’s bittersweet for her because she sacrificed a lot to move to the UK.”

“She gave up her home, her nationality and her career and fully threw herself into royal life, so there will be a sadness about the way it all panned out.”

She added: “Even if she’s feeling uneasy, she won’t let it show. She can put on a good front, so we will see plenty of that megawatt Meghan smile over the coming days.”

The Endeavour Fund awards that the pair will be attending as one of their final royal appearances is to celebrate the achievements of wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women.

The annual award ceremony, now in its fourth year brings together wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans.

The awards ceremony, hosted by former Invictus Games medallist JJ Chalmers, will see four prizes awarded on the night.

READ MORE: Meghan Markle pregnant: Duchess to have ‘another baby’ this year

The Commonwealth Service which takes place annually at Westminster Abbey, will see the Sussexes reunite with the Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Last Friday Harry was spotted on Abbey Road in London as he recorded a song alongside rock legend Jon Bon Jovi at Abbey Road studios.

On the official @sussexroyal Instagram account, Harry shared a video of himself duetting with Bon Jovi that stirred up a frenzy.

Harry also visited Edinburgh last week, to attend a summit on his latest Travalyst partnership that focuses on changing the “impact of travel.”

In a statement posted on the Travalyst website, it reads: “We believe in the power and importance of travel and that we also have a shared responsibility to our planet.”

However, the Duke has come under fire for his less than environmentally friendly plans prior to leading the Travalyst initiative.

Over the past summer, he was reported to have taken at least three return flights on private jets.

This included a visit to Sir Elton John’s sprawling French mansion.

The multi-award-winning singer said at the time that he had paid for the Sussexes flight, so they could “maintain a high level of much-needed protection.”

Published at Tue, 03 Mar 2020 01:18:00 +0000