The Duke of Sussex is “clear that the safety and welfare of those taking part comes before anything else” and is being updated about whether the games will go ahead. The games are set to begin in May and take place in The Hague, Holland. However, after the Netherlands found its first case of the deadly infection on Thursday, insiders say the games may have to be pushed back.
The games, which were created by the Duke of Sussex, are aimed at supporting injured service personnel.
Sources say plans for the games had descended into “chaos”.
However, one source told The Sun that the Duke is positive about what happens next.
The source said: “Harry, like everyone else in the team involved in planning the Games, is very mindful about the impact coronavirus could have on the event.
“But Harry has been clear that the safety and welfare of those taking part comes before anything else.
“So this will be at the forefront of the minds of those drawing up an action plan to deal with the situation.
“Harry has an incredibly close bond not just with the Games but with those taking part.”
The source added: “His team are updating him on a daily basis as to what the state of play is.
Globally, the coronavirus has been contracted by around 89,000, with more than 3,000 dying as a result.
In the UK there are no recorded deaths, but the number of cases reported has steadily risen in recent days to around 40.
Harry’s wife Meghan Markle is expected to attend the event in May if it gets the green light to go ahead.
They are currently in the UK carrying out their final duties as senior Royal Family figures ahead of their controversial resignation last month.
Published at Tue, 03 Mar 2020 03:19:00 +0000