Prince Harry and Meghan Markle gave up their Sussex Royal title as a result of stepping back as “senior” members of the Royal family. Back in March the royal couple made their last Instagram post as Sussex Royal as they abandon the name. Now, their title has been changed on another one of their many platforms.
On Thursday, the website of Prince Harry’s environmental tourism initiative Travalyst removed all references to Harry as “His Royal Highness”.
This is a key element of the agreement Harry and Meghan struck with the Royal Family in January following their decision.
HRH, an abbreviation of His/Her Royal Highness, is a key honorary title used by leading members of the Royal Family.
However, the couple agreed to stop actively using it during January’s historic family meeting at the Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Where the website previously read that Travalyst is “led by HRH The Duke of Sussex,” their title has now changed.
Now the site simply reads “led by The Duke of Sussex.”
“The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family,” a statement from Buckingham Palace previously explained.
Prince Harry has since honoured the pledge in public.
The pair recently made a visit to US charity Homeboy Industries.
The charity works with ex-gang members and helps to provide food for the vulnerable.
Founder Father Greg Boyle Boyle said Harry and Meghan had a “wonderful” time visiting Homeboy Industries and praised Meghan’s linguistic skills.
He said: “She spoke Spanish perfectly with one young woman,” he told People.
“She just went right into Spanish, which was a revelation — and it was very good.”
Meghan and Harry baked alongside a group of volunteers during their trip to the charity.
However, while Meghan excelled in the kitchen, Father Boyle joked that Prince Harry didn’t possess the same natural abilities as his wife.
He joked: “Meghan is quite good at it… and Harry probably less so.”
On Wednesday, Harry ventured into entirely new territory.
The Duke spoke out openly about the need to tackle systemic racial prejudice in a video recording at the Diana Award’s virtual ceremony on what would have been Princess Diana’s 59th birthday.
“My wife said recently that our generation and the ones before us haven’t done enough to right the wrongs of the past,” he said.
He added that he is “committed to being part of the solution.”
Published at Fri, 03 Jul 2020 00:25:00 +0000