Prince Philip health: Prince Charles says ‘all we know’ about father’s condition

Prince Philip health: Prince Charles says ‘all we know’ about father’s condition

During a visit to flood-hit communities in South Yorkshire this afternoon, Charles was asked about his father’s health by a reporter. “He’s being looked after very well in hospital,” Charles replied. “At the moment that’s all we know.”

During the visit, a woman in Fishlake asked Charles: “Sir, how is your father?”

He replied: “Alright. When you get to that age things don’t work so well.”

Prince Philip has spent a third night at the King Edward VII’s Hospital in central London for treatment relating to a “pre-existing condition”.

The Duke’s planned admission on Friday to the private central London hospital, which has been treating members of the royal family for decades, was described as a “precautionary measure” by Buckingham Palace.

On Friday a statement by Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of Edinburgh travelled from Norfolk this morning to the King Edward VII Hospital in London for observation and treatment in relation to a pre-existing condition.

“The admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor.”

Buckingham Palace would not go into details about Philip’s pre-existing condition, or the nature of his treatment

The Duke was not taken by ambulance and was expected to be in hospital for a few days.

The Queen remains at her private estate in Sandringham, Norfolk, for the festive season.

Her Majesty left Buckingham Palace for Norfolk by train on Friday, shortly before her husband was taken to hospital.

On Sunday, the Queen attended church, accompanied by the Countess of Wessex.

READ MORE: Royal plea: Camilla’s heartbreak over Christmas loneliness

Charles, 71, was in the Yorkshire village of Fishlake this afternoon to see for himself the recovery operation after last month’s devastating floods.

The Prince of Wales met firefighters, police officers and soldiers on the outskirts of the village near Doncaster, then headed to the worst-affected areas.

Clarence House confirmed that Charles had made donations to flood relief funds in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.

The donations, made through the Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, have been made to Foundation Derbyshire’s flood relief fund and another from the South Yorkshire Community Foundation.

Published at Mon, 23 Dec 2019 13:00:00 +0000