PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has finally added cross-platform play on PS4 and Xbox One.
After weeks of waiting, PUBG update 6.2 is now available to download on consoles, although you won’t be able to start playing until server downtime is complete.
Server maintenance ends at 11am UK time, so you can jump into the action once you’ve downloaded and installed the update.
According to the PUBG 6.2 patch notes, the biggest new feature is the ability for PS4 and Xbox One owners to party up and play.
“Season 6 is in full-swing, and we’re excited to bring Update 6.2 for consoles with the long-awaited Cross Party Play,” reads a PUBG blog post.
“That means players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will now be able to invite each other into a single party with this new feature!”
Other new features include Team Deathmatch, while throwables such as frag grenades have been nerfed.
“We also hope the intensity and explosive gameplay of Karakin has you ready for our newest heart-pumping, non-stop action game mode- Team Deathmatch,” the post continues.
“PUBG LABS is also returning with the next iteration of our Skill-Based Rating test, with changes based on feedback received from the first test.
“We’re making some much needed and often requested changes to throwables. Extra-attention has been paid to Frag Grenades, which will be seeing change reducing their overall strength.”
You can see the full PUBG update 6.2 patch notes below…
Cross Party Play
• Party like never before! Players on Console will now be able to invite each other into a single party with the new Cross Party Play feature!
Friends list has received a makeover…
• Players can now search players from both the same and different platform to add friends
• Players now can find 4 tabs on the friends list.
• Platform: This shows your existing friends list for your current platform. Players you add to your platform specific friends list using their Xbox Live Gamer Tag (Xbox) or PSN Name (PS4) will show here.
• PUBG: This is the new friends list which will help you organise your friends across platforms using Cross Platform Parties! Players can add friends by selecting “follow” when looking at another player’s profile.
• Recent: This shows players you’ve met as a team in recent matches.
• Team: Shows your current teammates
• Players from both console platforms will now be able to join the same custom match created.
• Vests now mitigate damage received from Frag Grenades, but vest durability isn’t reduced when taking damage from Frags.
• Damage mitigation amount is dependent on the level of vest worn by the player, with the same % reduction as for bullet damage.
• Frags will deal 20% less damage to prone players.
• Item weight increased by 50%.
• Each Frag Grenade now takes 27 inventory capacity, up from 18.
• Pulling the pin of a Frag is now louder and audible from further away.
• Decreased fuse time from 3 seconds to 1 second.
• Increased indirect hit effect radius.
• Up to 6.5m, from 5.5m.
• Ringing sound now impacts players through walls
• This matches the Frag Grenade mechanic, although the impact effects a smaller radius.
• Added slight camera shake to players near the explosion.
• Default fuse time mechanic
– Stuns now explode 0.7 sec after first impact, or after fuse timer runs out, whichever comes first.
– Fuse time without cooking has been increased to 5 sec.
– 2.5 second fuse timer when cooking the stun remains unchanged,
• Increased the speed at which fire spreads by 50%.
• Fire can now spread slightly further, with an increased damage radius.
• Changed the way fire spreads around objects. Fire will now more consistently reach the back side of objects (especially thin objects like trees).
• Re-introduced direct damage while standing in fire, in additional to existing damage over time.
• Players in fire will now take an additional 10 damage per second
• Fire now reaches higher and should be obstructed less by small objects.
Adjusted the Blue Zone effects…
• Distortion effect has been removed
• Altered effect where the Blue Zone meets the ground, to more clearly identify the Blue Zone edge
• Lowered the top wall of the Blue Zone
• Updated visual shaders
• Effects will become more intense as phases progress
• Changed sounds for entering and exiting the Blue Zone
• Added parachute follow feature to help teammates land together
• During the pre-match countdown or before leaving the plane, follow UI will be shown at the bottom left of the screen.
• Hold left on D-Pad to activate follow UI
• Follow button will be highlighted once follow UI is activated
• Scroll up/down with D-Pad to choose a teammate to follow
• Teammates that already landed or yourself cannot be chosen
• After selecting a teammate to follow, you can cancel by selecting the follow button on the selected teammate, or holding (B: Xbox One / O: PS4) while actively following a player in your parachute.
• If you’re obstructed by terrain or an object, your follow will be cancelled.
Published at Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:28:00 +0000