PUBG Mobile update 0.18.0 is out now but not everyone is able to download and play using all the features available. Having launched earlier this week, issues with the latest PUBG update has left some Android and iOS users unable to play and use their accounts. PUBG Mobile Update 0.18.0 came with a new unlinking feature and it appears some gamers are now facing error messages about older and newer versions of the game.
The PUBG Mobile warning reads: “Account has been logged in with a newer version of the game and can no longer log in with an older version. Please update to the newest version.”
Tencent has confirmed that the problem is linked with the account unlinking feature and that they are now working on a hotfix. And with the release of the new PUBG Mobile Royale Pass for Season 13 set for May 13, everyone will want access again as soon as possible.
However, there is no ETA on how long it will take to deploy or when gamers can expect the next update on the situation.
The latest message from Tencent explains: “Hey Everyone, We’re disabling the account unlinking feature while we work on a patch to address some issues players are having with it. When we have an update on the progress we’ll let everyone know.”
PUBG Mobile Update 0.18.0 was a hefty download, requiring approximately 1.97 GB of storage space on Android devices and 2.21 GB of storage space on iOS devices.
It also came with the warning that players on different versions wouldn’t be able to invite one another to games.
The patch notes from the latest PUBG Mobile update touched upon the feature of unlinking accounts, warning that there were limitations.
The patch notes read: “Unlinking Accounts – When two social network accounts have been linked, one of the social accounts can be unlinked; however, for account security reasons, players cannot unlink an account within 30 days of unlinking an account.”
One of the reasons why this week’s update is so chunky is due to the revamped Miramar map being released. Visual updates have been made to the Classic Miramar map, along with some new elements.
An Oasis has been added to the northern part of the map and players will also notice that the Urban Ruins are now located northwest.
PUBG fans will also notice that more housing areas, roads, and resources have been added and a new race track now runs through the whole map.
Another eye-catching inclusion is the Golden Mirado, with a single vehicle spawning on the whole map.
Meanwhile, Miramar’s New Vending Machines will be stocked with Energy Drinks and Painkillers, and gamers will also need to keep a lookout for Sandstorms.
There is a chance for areas in Miramar and the Main Menu to be ravaged by Sandstorms, and it appears these are chosen at random.
Other changes and improvements include:
Improvements to “Play Another Match”
- Reduced the total “Play Another Match” countdown timer.
- Interaction methods have been improved.
Team Invite Improvements
- Up to 3 invites can be viewed at once.
- Improved invitation frame interactions.
- Requests can be approved by the recipient instead of just the creator of the room.
LIKE Feature Improvements
- The number of LIKEs received in the last 20 matches will be displayed on the team-up page.
- Added “Number of LIKEs received in the last 20 matches” to the LIKE Rankings.
- Added records of gifts and LIKEs sent by teammates to the results screen.
- Added a new currency called AG (AceGold). After the update, all Silver rewards will be replaced with AG in events (this will not be implemented for events that started before the update).
- The price of most items purchasable with UC in the Shop will be changed to an AG price. When a player doesn’t have enough AG, UC can be used to make up for the difference.
- Royale Pass UC rewards will now have two options. Players will be able to choose either a 30 UC or 400 AG (equivalent to 40 UC) reward at the corresponding rank.
- Improved the 30 UC Crate: adjusted the items from the crate and changed the default draw price to 300 AG. UC can be used to make up the difference when the player doesn’t have enough AG. Previous Supply Crate Coupons can still be used.
- The Resource Expansion Pack has been divided into 3 packs for a better download experience.
- After the modes and the dependent maps are separated, the total size of the required download will be displayed on all the related interfaces synchronously.
- When the new season starts on May 13th, Season 12 statistics will also be updated at the same time.
- Newly created characters will have clothes equipped by default.
Published at Sat, 09 May 2020 04:25:00 +0000