The couple will move their court with them when they travel to Balmoral in August.
Buckingham Palace confirmed the pair will travel early next month although an exact date was not provided.
Her Majesty had been residing in Windsor after relocating from Buckingham Palace on March 19 before the nationwide lockdown.
A spokesman for the palace said the pair will travel while still adhereing to current guidelines.
The spokesman said: “The Queen and The Duke Of Edinburgh plan to move to Balmoral Castle in early August to commence their annual summer stay.
“All arrangements will be in line with the relevant guidelines and advice.”
The monarch travels to her home in Aberdeenshire every summer to holiday with her family.
However, there were concerns coronavirus may force the Queen to abandon her plans this year.
With certain restrictions now lifted, the pair will make the 500-mile journey next month.
Philip, 99, had been staying at Windsor before the outbreak after retiring from royal services in 2017.
The Duke has rarely been seen but made an appearance earlier today to take part in a ceremony where he handed over the role as colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
More to follow…
Published at Wed, 22 Jul 2020 14:36:00 +0000