Richard, 50, has been reunited with his Good Morning Britain co-stars this week and it hasn’t taken long for the presenters to start clashing. It’s commonplace for the ITV team to make jibes about one another, but on Wednesday’s show, it meant the entertainment reporter ended up walking off the set. It came moments after he had just revealed which member of the news desk was going to be participating in this year’s season of Strictly Come Dancing.
Ranvir Singh, 43, will be strutting her stuff on the BBC dance floor and said she would be asking some of her colleagues for advice.
The likes of Charlotte Hawkins, 45, Susanna Reid, 49, and Richard himself have taken part on the show previously.
He featured in last year’s Christmas special as he tried to get his hands on the Silver-Star Trophy after participating previously in 2012.
However, he didn’t end up winning the festive edition and Piers couldn’t help but take aim at his co-star for failing to take the crown.
Discussing his opinion on signing up, the outspoken host said: “At the end of the day, it’s career enhancing or career ending.”
With Ranvir holding her head in her hands, Susanna commented how she quite enjoyed her time on the show, despite coming runner-up.
Jumping in to speak about his experience, Richard explained: “In a truncated run, I would have at least come in the semi-finals.”
Piers then interjected as he asked his colleague: “You’ve entered it twice and come what?” to which the showbiz correspondent replied: “Bottom of the leaderboard at Christmas.
“And I got to week seven in 2012,” he continued, but the host teased him further by mocking his efforts.
“I didn’t get a word of that. Probably just as well,” Richard said as he crossed his arms and walked out of the camera shot.
Joking about the comical moment, Piers remarked: “Oh, first flounce of the autumn season,” as the rest of the team burst into hysterics.
By the studio doors, the entertainment reporter added: “And we’re back,” before walking off the set completely.
“There he goes. Bye Dickie,” the host said before continuing with the rest of the show.
CAN’T SEE THE POLL BELOW? CLICK HERE TO OPEN IN YOUR BROWSER
The entertainment reporter has been posting about his return to the studio on Instagram, with some of his 236,000 followers pleased to see him back at the desk.
One fan wrote in response to a picture of Richard suited and booted: “You looked great this morning fab to have you back.”
Another added on the social media platform: “Love you Mr Arnold and you’ve been truly missed, you make me smile.”
“Missed you so much Richard, welcome back,” a fourth commented, with a fifth posting: “Great to see you back.”
Published at Wed, 02 Sep 2020 06:36:00 +0000