Rigatoni Alla Vodka Recipe
Our Rigatoni Alla Vodka recipe is an easy dish to make. The pasta turns out creamy with nice, sweet flavors. This dish is VERY easy to make and will definitely impress your family or friends! While there are a lot of steps, it is easy….. trust us!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
1 pound rigatoni pasta
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 4.5 ounce tube double-concentrated tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 ounces vodka
3/4 cup heavy cream
Fresh basil leaves (for serving)
1. Fill a large pot three-quarters full with water.
2. Toss in a handful of salt and heat over high (this will be for the noodles.)
3. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
4. Sauté onion and garlic and cook until onion starts to brown around the edges. (5–7 minutes)
5. Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and stir until the onions are evenly coated with the paste.
6. Continue to cook, stirring often, until paste is deep red and starting to brown on bottom of pot. (5–7 minutes)
7. Deglaze the pan with the vodka, stirring to incorporate and scraping any burnt bits from the bottom of the pan.
8. Reduce heat to low.
9. Using a heatproof measuring cup, scoop 1/4 cup boiling salt water from the large pot.
10. Add the heavy cream to the measuring cup.
11. Slowly add warmed cream to Dutch oven, stirring constantly, until a smooth sauce forms.
12. Remove from heat.
13. Add rigatoni to the pot of boiling salt water and cook according to package instructions.
14. About 1 minute before the timer goes off, use heatproof measuring cup to scoop 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
15. Heat Dutch oven over low heat.
16. Using a spider, transfer rigatoni to Dutch oven.
17. Add 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid to Dutch oven and stir to incorporate.
18. Gradually add half of Parmesan, stirring constantly to melt cheese.
19. Season with salt and add a splash more pasta cooking liquid to thin sauce, if needed.
20. Top with remaining cheese and torn basil leaves.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Our Rigatoni alla Vodka recipe is a light pasta dish, that would pair well with a nice light red wine. I think a light Sangiovese is the perfect accompaniment for this recipe. Sangiovese wines have dry cherry flavors that wouldn’t overwhelm the flavors from this dish. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Sangiovese wines-LetsHaveWine.com
Published at Thu, 26 May 2022 22:18:00 +0000