Roasted Garlic Polenta Recipe
Our Roasted Garlic Polenta recipe is a tasty side dish. It is easy to prepare, and the polenta is flavored with roasted garlic and given its creamy consistency from the mascarpone cheese. The dish goes great with meat or fish dishes.
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
2 heads of garlic, tops cut off
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup polenta
1/4 cup mascarpone
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 400F.
2. Drizzle the garlic heads with olive oil, season with salt and wrap individually in olive oil.
3. Roast the garlic for 40-minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and allow garlic to cool.
5. Once the garlic has cooled, remove the cloves into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
6. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
7. Slowly add the polenta, whisking continuously until the polenta starts to thicken (2-3 minutes.)
8. Cover the pot and cook for 30-minutes, stirring every 5-minutes to avoid clumping of sticking.
9. Stir in mashed garlic, salt, pepper, butter and mascarpone.
10. Cook for an additional 5-minutes.
11. Taste and add any additional salt or pepper.
12. Before serving, stir in sage, thyme and rosemary.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Wed, 22 Mar 2023 03:40:49 +0000