Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Marsala Soup Recipe
Our Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Marsala Soup recipe is the perfect set it and forget it recipe. The flavors of the Marsala wine pair perfectly with the mushrooms and shredded chicken.
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1-pound mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup marsala cooking wine
6 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
8 ounces short noodles
Ground black pepper
Egg noodles, cooked for serving
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
2. Once it sizzles add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and sauté until the mushrooms are cooked.
3. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to incorporate (it should form a paste-like coating).
4. Stir in cooking wine and simmer until thickened.
5. Add to slow cooker.
6. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
7. Add the chicken, chicken broth and balsamic vinegar to the slow cooker.
8. Cover and set to HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
9. Remove chicken, shred with two forks, return to pot and stir.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve over the cooked noodles.
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Wed, 21 Dec 2022 17:00:00 +0000