Smothered Cabbage and Andouille Recipe
Our Smothered Cabbage and Andouille Recipe is a popular South Louisiana dish that is prepared for New Year’s Day. It is an easy recipe to make and will ensure a prosperous new year!
1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
1/2 cup bacon drippings
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup diced celery
1 bell pepper, diced
8 garlic cloves, mined
1 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chicken stock
Creole Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice cabbage in half and remove the center heart.
2. Cut each half into thirds, and then cut once across in the middle.
3. In a Dutch oven or large pot, melt the bacon drippings over medium heat.
4. Sauté andouille, onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and green onions until vegetables are wilted (around 5-minutes.)
5. Stir in the cabbage and sauté until the leaves are wilted.
6. Add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 45-minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
Published at Mon, 22 Nov 2021 19:36:32 +0000