Super Smash Bros Ultimate update 8.1.0 is out now exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
The latest Smash Bros update makes big changes to the online user experience, as well as the usual bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.
But the headline new feature is the addition of the Small Battlefield stage, which is available completely free of charge.
The news was announced by Nintendo on Twitter: “Square off on a new, free Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stage…right now!
“Ver. 8.1.0 is out now, and includes a free additional stage, Small Battlefield. Plus, you can now pick any music to play on Final Destination and the Battlefield stages!”
According to the 8.1.0 update patch notes, players can set the Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.
Another nice touch is the ability to set any stage-specific music for the regular Battlefield, Small Battlefield and Big Battlefield, not to mention the Final Destination stages.
As for the online improvements, Nintendo adjusted the matching is determined, while also increasing the number of players eligible for Elite Smash.
You can see the full list of Super Smash Bros Ultimate update 8.1.0 patch notes below.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate update 8.1.0 patch notes…
• The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.
• You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
• The online user experience has been adjusted.
• The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.
• Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for
• Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.
• Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.
• Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Speaking of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, fans are still waiting for Nintendo to reveal the next wave of downloadable characters.
Fighters Pass 2 kicked off with the addition of Min Min from ARMS earlier this year, as well as a host of new Mii costumes from games such as Fallout.
Unfortunately, however, the lack of a traditional summer Direct conference means that we’re yet to find out which character is joining the game next.
The smart money is on Waluigi making an appearance at some point in the future, while rumours have also suggested characters from Minecraft, Doom and even Team Fortress will make an appearance.
Published at Wed, 05 Aug 2020 10:57:50 +0000