Swordfish with Crushed Olives Recipe
Our Swordfish with Crushed Olives recipe is a tasty fish dish. It’s easy to make and is delicious!
This recipe is property of GreatChefRecipes.com
2 cups Castelvetrano olives pitted and crushed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Leaves from 6 sprigs fresh oregano
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
3-4 swordfish steaks (8 to 10 oz. each), 1 to 1¼ inches thick
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, tender leaves and stems
2 lemons, halved, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, combine olives, vinegar, half the oregano leaves and 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Season the swordfish with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Once oil is hot, add the swordfish steaks.
6. Cook the steaks until they are a deep golden brown on one side (5-7 minutes).
7. Flip the fish and brown the other side (4-6 minutes).
8. Transfer the fish to a large serving platter.
9. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until softened (1-2 minutes).
10. Add the olive mixture and remove from heat.
11. Spoon some of the olive mixture over the swordfish and let it sit a few minutes to marinate.
12. Finish with parsley, oregano, the rest of the olive mixture and lemon.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Swordfish with Crushed Olives recipe combines the clean taste of the swordfish with the brine of the olives and citrus from the lemon. This dish pairs great with a Pinot Grigio. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com
Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave us your comments below!
Published at Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:00:00 +0000