The Queen is ‘disappointed’ by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry – shock claim

The Queen is ‘disappointed’ by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry – shock claim

The Queen is not happy about how Meghan and Harry’s relationship with the press turned out to be in the first 18 months as Duke and Duchess of Sussex, royal correspondent Richard Palmer wrote. The journalist, who today revealed the monarch often visits Meghan and Harry at Frogmore Cottage to check on them, took to Twitter to lay bare what are believed to be the true feelings of the Queen over Meghan and Harry’s approach with the media. 

He wrote: “There has been no support from within the Royal Family, as far as I can tell, for Harry and Meghan’s confrontational approach to the media.

“They are out on a limb on that.

“The Queen, Charles and Camilla, and the Cambridges don’t think it a good idea and there have been words.

“They’ve all had their ups and downs with the media but the Queen is disappointed how it’s all turned out in the first 18 months of the Sussexes’ marriage. 

“Like others in the family, she is concerned about their emotional wellbeing and she sees them regularly.”

Meghan and Harry, Mr Palmer continued, are still active members of the Royal Family and have not been “excommunicated”.

He added: “The Sussexes, contrary to the views of some, have not been excommunicated from the Firm.”

READ MORE: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal NEW photo of Archie 

Yesterday evening, Buckingham Palace announced the family-of-three is taking a six-week break from royal duties, and will not celebrate Christmas in Sandringham with the rest of the Royal Family but, rather, they will spend time with Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland.

A spokesperson for the Sussexes said the couple were “looking forward to extended family time.”

They added: “Having spent the last two Christmases at Sandringham, Their Royal Highnesses will spend the holiday this year, as a new family, with the Duchess’ mother Doria Ragland.

DON’T MISS 

“This decision is in line with precedent set previously by other members of the Royal Family, and has the support of Her Majesty The Queen.”

This decision, according to Mr Palmer, was taken without prior discussing it with the monarch.

The Daily Express correspondent said: “Everyone recognises they need to take some time out.

“My understanding was that yesterday morning they were minded to spend Christmas away from Sandringham but had not finalised their plans.   

“They had not told the Queen what they had decided to do about Christmas.

“Once they had, they made an announcement because of the amount of media interest in the story.”

Prince Harry and Meghan revealed how they are struggling to deal with the media scrutiny in a ITV documentary, Harry & Meghan: An African Journey, in October, a few days after ending their successful tour to Africa. 

The Duke of Sussex said how every camera shutter and flash reminds him of his mother, branding the untimely death of Princess Diana “a wound that festers”. 

The Duchess, on the other hand, opened up on how he is struggling to cope with the media scrutiny, which she said she had been warned about by British friends, while being a newlywed and a new mother.

Prior to the broadcasting of the documentary, which also showed the work done by Prince Harry and Meghan in Africa during their 10-day visit, Harry launched an inflammatory attack to the British tabloid press on a website, sussexofficial.uk, which has been live since March but has so far only been used to publish the Duke’s statement in October.

In it, Prince Harry announced the Sussex Household was launching a legal case against the Mail on Sunday, but also attacked the “disturbing pattern of behaviour by British tabloid media”.

After the documentary was aired, Prince William said to be “worried” for the wellbeing of his brother, according to a Kensington Palace source who spoke to the BBC.    

Published at Thu, 14 Nov 2019 12:12:00 +0000