16.00 UPDATE: Tanguy Ndombele latest
Juventus are concerned they will miss out on a deal for Lyon ace Tanguy Ndombele to Tottenham or Manchester United this summer.
Bleacher Report transfer expert Dean Jones said: “Juventus were hoping for a clear run at Tanguy Ndombele but now fear United and Tottenham are going to throw big money at him. Both teams should probably do exactly that!”
Express Sport understands Tottenham and United’s Premier League rivals Manchester City are also keeping an eye on Ndombele.
Lyon chief Jean-Michel Aulas has, though, previously revealed he would like the midfielder to end up at Juventus.
Transfer news LIVE: Juventus fear missing out on Lyon star Tanguy Ndombele
15.10 UPDATE: New Chelsea contract
Chelsea are keeping hold of Olivier Giroud with the west Londoners potentially facing having to accept a two-window transfer ban.
Giroud has figured prominently this season as the Blues have reached the Europa League final, where they will play Arsenal.
Maurizio Sarri’s preference for other forwards on the domestic front has, though, led to suggestions he could leave.
However, French outlet Telefoot claim Chelsea have decided to extend Giroud’s contract and he will not be going anywhere.
Transfer news LIVE: Chelsea are not letting Olivier Giroud go anywhere
14.35 UPDATE: Alexis Sanchez makes Man Utd decision
Alexis Sanchez has decided to leave Manchester United now the transfer window is open again, reports claim.
The Chile international has endured a nightmare 18-month stint since joining the Red Devils last January.
And The Sun reckon he wants out of Old Trafford so he can kickstart his career before it’s too late to do so.
Sanchez will supposedly return early for pre-season training to prove his fitness in a bid to help seal an exit.
Transfer news LIVE: Alexis Sanchez is desperate to leave Manchester United
13.30 UPDATE: Antoine Griezmann talks confirmed
Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has confirmed the club are in talks to sign Antoine Griezmann.
Griezmann reveals he was leaving Atletico Madrid earlier this week and he could be heading for the Nou Camp.
“It is true we have already made contacts,” Valverde said before Barca’s match against Eibar on Sunday.
“It is true that contacts are ongoing, but the season isn’t over yet.
“We have the Copa Del Rey final still to play. We have the chance of winning two titles and we must try to focus on this issue.
“Afterwards we will have time for everything else – we won’t say anything new when we are talking about players from other teams.
“We will see (what happens). He (Griezmann) is a great player. We’ve always said so.”
Transfer news: Antoine Griezmann could be heading for Barcelona
13.15 UPDATE: Manchester United scout Felix
Manchester United will go toe-to-toe with their Premier League rivals Everton for the signature of Joao Felix, it has been claimed.
Manchester United are on the lookout for attacking reinforcements this summer as they look to build a squad capable of challenging for Champions League football.
The Red Devils are said to be interested in acquiring the services of Lille’s Nicolas Pepe, one of the star performers in Ligue 1 last season.
Attacking midfielder Joao Felix has also caught the United’s eye following a stellar debut season with Benfica.
And Portuguese outlet Sapo Desporto claim the Red Devils sent scouts to watch the promising midfielder in Benfica’s clash with Santa Clara on Saturday, in which he scored the second goal of the game.
Transfer news: Manchester United have been looking at Joao Felix
12.50 UPDATE: Sancho set to stay at Dortmund
Jadon Sancho has suggested he will be at Borussia Dortmund next season after their final game of the season.
Sancho was linked with a £100m move to Manchester United, but now appears set to stay put.
“Next season our target is to win, not come second,” Sancho said.
“I’m really happy with how I played this season. I wasn’t playing that much at the start of the season but was in the team more often later on. It’s all about hard work.”
Transfer news: Jadon Sancho suggests he will stay at Manchester United
12.30 UPDATE: Thomas Meunier on his PSG future
Thomas Meunier told Canal+ his future remains uncertain after links with Manchester United.
He said: “As I have said, nothing is clear, with regards to me or the club.
“People are enquiring, left and right, but I still have another year on my contract.
“The club knows my position, I have always said that I want to stay.
“Aside from that, do I suit them or not, do they want to change the Paris cycle a bit? Nothing is clear for the moment and we are going to see a little what happens.
“I think that I will receive news during the holidays.”
Transfer news: Thomas Meunier could be leaving PSG
11.30 UPDATE: Pepe on the move
Lille coach Christophe Galtier has confirmed Nicoals Pepe will leave the club this summer with Manchester United and Arsenal in the mix for him.
He told Canal+: “Nicolas Pepe will leave. Life’s like that, football’s like that today.
“He is a player of the highest level who will have a big decision to make on the choice of his next club.
“There will be a battle between the great European teams.
“I hope that he will take good amount of time to think about it, do his research, like he did when he came here and when he decided to stay here [last summer], find the right project.”
Transfer news: Nicolas Pepe could join Manchester United this summer
11.10 UPDATE: Kompany announces next step
Vincent Kompany has announced he will take over as player-manager at Anderlecht.
He wrote on Facebook: “Not so long ago, I took a call from RSC Anderlecht. Quite unexpectedly, they offered me the position of Player-Manager.
“Michael and Frank explained to me in detail how they saw it working in practice. They had thought it through.
“Mr. Coucke, the owner, pledged full support: time, budget, framework, staff, facilities …
“I was left not only impressed, but also intrigued by this sign of confidence in me. It got me thinking.
“The end of this season couldn’t be more memorable. I have lived the dream here. I have learned so much the last 3 years. From an incredible manager.
“Pep Guardiola reignited my love for the game. I’ve witnessed, participated, analyzed, absorbed, studied. Man City play the football I want to play. It is the football I want to teach and to see played.”
Transfer news: Vincent Kompany is joining Anderlecht
10.40 UPDATE: De Bruyne might want showdown talks
Kevin de Bruyne could seek assurances he will play more next season in showdown talks with Pep Guardiola, according to Danny Murphy.
“He is City’s best player full stop – he showed that yesterday after coming on – and while Pep Guardiola can point to three trophies, it was still a risk in my eyes not to play de Bruyne in those final few weeks of the season,” he wrote in his column for the Daily Mail.
“I can only imagine it had something to do with protecting his fitness but he was on the bench for an awful long time, and I wonder if someone as good as him might seek assurances about whether Pep will play him more next season.
“No matter how good Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, David Silva and all City’s other midfield players are, de Bruyne takes them up an extra level.”
Transfer news: Kevin de Bruyne could seek talks over his future
10.00 UPDATE: Man Utd to sign Stoke youngster
Manchester United are set to make a signing on the recommendation of Darren Fletcher, according to the Sun.
Irish centre-back Nathan Collins, who has featured in the Championship for Stoke, is now expected to join United this summer.
The 18-year-old made his first-team debut at the end of the season and Fletcher thinks he has all the attributes to make it in the big-time.
Collins is 6ft 4ins tall and is capped at age-group level for Ireland. Fletcher reportedly thinks he’s already good enough for the Manchester United first team.
Transfer news: Nathan Collins could join Manchester United this summer
09.50 UPDATE: Bale can go for FREE
Real Madrid are ready to let Gareth Bale leave for free if anyone will take on his wages – according to the Sunday Times.
Bale’s future remains unclear after Zinedine Zidane refused to deny he could leave the club this summer.
Zidane is thought to want Bale out to help fund a rebuild this summer, but now it appears he just wants his stunning wages off the balance sheet.
Bale has been linked with Tottenham and Manchester United but neither would be willing to pay his wages in full.
Transfer news: Gareth Bale could leave Real Madrid for FREE this summer
09.30 UPDATE: City confirm Kompany exit
Manchester City have confirmed captain Vincent Kompany is leaving the club after 11 years.
City won the treble with Kompany playing a pivotal role at the heart of defence.
He helped them seal a 6-0 win over Watford at Wembley yesterday to become the first side to win the domestic treble.
And he leaves after four titles, three FA Cups and four League Cups.
Transfer news: Vincent Kompany is leaving Manchester City
08.45 UPDATE: Wolves want Rondon
Wolves want to land West Brom striker Salomon Rondon after his loan move at Newcastle.
Rondon impressed Wolves chiefs and this term and they want him to bolster their front line.
Several clubs – including West Ham and Everton – are also in the hunt for the hit-man who scored 11 Premier League goals on loan at Newcastle last term. Rafa Benitez would be keen to re-sign the forward.
But the fact Rondon is 29 has counted against triggering the £16.5million buy-out clause in his Hawthorns deal as Newcastle are not keen on paying cash for players with little sell-on value.
Wolves would have no problem meeting that figure as they seek back-up for last season’s leading scorer Raul Jiminez.
Transfer news: All the latest news and gossip
Transfer news: Wolves are keen on a deal for Salomon Rondon
08.30 UPDATE: Lossl set for Everton
Everton are closing in on a deal for Jonas Lossl after he left Huddersfield, according to Sky Sports.
The Danish goalkeeper would likely go in as No 2 to Jordan Pickford as Marco Silva looks for cover.
Maarten Stekelenburg is set to leave Everton this summer in search of regular football and Everton want Lossl to replace him.
Lossl was relegated with Huddersfield but has left the club.
Transfer news: Everton are closing in on the goalkeeper
08.15 UPDATE: Bale future still uncertain
Gareth Bale’s future remains uncertain after Zinedine Zidane spoke yesterday.
The Real Madrid boss added to the uncertainty by refusing to back him to stay beyond the summer.
“He’ll be part of the squad tomorrow and that’s all I can tell you,” Zidane said on Bale. “You’ll see the team that we put out. I don’t know whether this will be his last game.
“We’re at the end of the season and next year there’ll be changes, but I don’t know whether this will be his last game or not.”
Transfer news: Gareth Bale’s future remains uncertain
07.45 UPDATE: Ed Woodward wants John Murtagh as new director
Manchester United sources believe Ed Woodward is flying the flag for John Murtagh to be the club’s new transfer kingpin.
Manchester United are carrying out a major restructure after another dismal season and appointing a sporting director is at the heart of it.
Top of the responsibility list is dealing with new signings and ensuring United have a long-term plan to resurrect their status from fallen giants.
Mike Phelan, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s No.2, and Rio Ferdinand had both been mooted as possibilities. Darren Fletcher, too, has been mentioned for the job.
But Old Trafford sources say Murtagh, currently head of youth development, is a leading contender because he has support from executive vice-chairman Woodward.
Transfer news: Ed Woodward is believed to favour John Murtagh as the new transfer guru at Man Utd
07.20 UPDATE: Man City eye Sebastiano Esposito
Manchester City have joined the clutch of clubs who have been scouting Inter Milan youngster Sebastiano Esposito at the European Under-17 Championships.
Esposito has scored four times in helping Italy reach the final of the tournament in Dublin and City have been paying close attention to him.
Liverpool, who missed out to City in the Premier League title race, are also keen on Esposito, who is only under contract until 2021 with Inter because of Italian rules which limit under 17’s to just three year deals.
Jurgen Klopp’s academy scouts have been impressed with reports about Esposito and like City are now weighing up making a move for him.
Transfer news: Manchester City are keen on Sebastiano Esposito
07.00 UPDATE: Coutinho’s last La Liga game?
Philippe Coutinho could play his final La Liga match today as Barcelona complete their domestic season away at Eibar.
Barcelona still have the Copa del Rey final to play against Valencia next weekend, but if Coutinho is on the move this summer, this would be his final league game.
Coutinho has struggled to nail down a place in Ernesto Valverde’s side and has been linked with a return to England.
And Jamie Carragher thinks Liverpool should consider a move to bring him back.
Transfer news: Philippe Coutinho may have already played his last Nou Camp game
06.45 UPDATE: PSG make bold De Gea move
PSG are set to ask David de Gea to see out his Manchester United contract so they can get him for free.
The United goalkeeper has one year left on his deal and his future is up in the air.
PSG are among the sides keen on signing him and Express Sports understands they are looking to land him for free next summer.
United have told De Gea they will NOT pay him £400,000 a week to put him level with Alexis Sanchez and he is stalling on their current offer.
06.20 UPDATE: Arsenal eye bargain move
Arsenal want to sign Ligue 1 prospect Alexis Claude-Maurice from Lorient.
The 20-year-old France youth international has been watched by Unai Emery’s scouting department and has bagged 14 goals this termm.
The young forward would be Arsenal’s second signing from Lorient under Emery after the capture of Matteo Guendouzi last summer.
Guendouzi has been well-received at the Emirates and Arsenal would hope for the same from Claude-Maurice.
6.00 UPDATE: Chelsea double deal
Chelsea are set to retain both Kurt Zouma and Tammy Abraham – if their ban transfer ban remains in place.
The duo are on loan at Everton and Aston Villa but will return this summer and could be involved in the Chelsea squad next season, according to the Sun.
Both players have impressed this year and could into the first team fold whoever the manager is.
Mason Mount, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Reece James are among the others who may be given a chance.
Published at Sun, 19 May 2019 15:00:00 +0000