Apple has released the newest version of iOS, 13.4, for compatible iPhone models. If you haven’t already received a prompt telling you to download it, you can do so manually by heading to your device’s settings menu.
So what’s new in iOS 13.4? Well, first and foremost Apple is introducing nine new Memoji stickers and upgrading the Files app first launched in 2017.
According to the iOS 13.4 changelog, the update will allow for iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app, debut new controls to limit access to certain files along with fresh permissions that’ll let users choose who else can make changes to items.
Apple’s hugely popular Email app is also treated to a few new tweaks in the latest version of iOS. Now, when you’re viewing a message in conversation view you’ll have always-visible controls to delete, move or reply.
For those who make use of Apple’s CarPlay dashboard system, iOS 13.4 is an essential download for you, too. The latest version of the operating system adds third-party navigation support and now displays in-call information.
Although the features listed above are certainly neat additions, iOS 13.4 is certainly more concerned with exterminating bugs than anything else.
In fact, Apple has said iOS 13.4 should fix no fewer than 20 bugs with the operating system. These range from the Email app crashing to an issue that prevented Apple Music videos from streaming in high quality.
Here’s a comprehensive list of all the bugs fixed in the latest version of iOS:
• Adds status bar indicator to display when VPN has disconnected on iPhone with all-screen displays
• Fixes an issue in Camera where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch
• Addresses an issue where Photos may appear to use excess storage
• Resolves an issue in Photos that may prevent sharing an image to Messages if iMessage is disabled
• Fixes an issue in Mail where messages may appear out of order
• Addresses an issue in Mail where the conversation list may display empty rows
• Resolves an issue where Mail may crash when tapping the Share button in Quick Look
• Fixes an issue in Settings where mobile data may incorrectly display as off
• Addresses an issue in Safari where web pages may not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert is active
• Resolves an issue where text copied from web content may appear invisible when pasted when Dark Mode is active
• Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
• Addresses an issue where Reminders may not issue new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it is marked as completed
• Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
• Fixes an issue where iCloud Drive appears to be available in Pages, Numbers and Keynote even when not signed in
• Addresses an issue in April Music where music videos may not stream in high quality
• Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
• Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
• Addresses an issue in the Home app where tapping an activity notification from a security camera may open a different recording
• Resolves an issue where Shortcuts may not appear when tapping the Share menu from a screenshot
• Improves the Burmese keyboard so punctuation symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols
iOS 13.4 is available to download for all compatible iPhone models right now.
Published at Thu, 26 Mar 2020 06:30:00 +0000