The final Wordle puzzle of the traditional working week is live, and it’s another tough customer. Judging by some of the comments on social media, Wordle 419 is causing a few issues, which is why Express Online has put together a small selection of spoiler-free hints to help fans figure things out. Simply head to the bottom of the page for help with the August 12 puzzle. And good luck, because you might just need it.
A brilliant word game that has taken the world by storm, Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five letter word in six attempts. It may sound simple, but solving those daily puzzles can be a lot harder than you think.
If you want to solve those Wordle puzzles, then you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You’ll also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 419 on August 12…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 419 hints and clues for August 12…
1. Wordle 419 starts with the letter L.
2. Wordle 419 contains two vowels.
3. One of the letters appears twice.
Published at Fri, 12 Aug 2022 09:40:00 +0000