The first Wordle puzzle of the traditional working week is live, and it’s another tough customer. Judging by some of the comments on social media, Wordle 583 is causing a few issues, which is why Express Online has put together a small selection of spoiler-free hints to help fans figure things out. Simply head to the bottom of the page for help with the January 23 puzzle. And good luck, because you might just need it.
The perfect game to play on the commute to work, the aim of Wordle is to figure out a five letter word in just six guesses.
To solve the puzzle, you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles. If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
An addictive game with a huge following, Wordle would go on to spawn dozens of clones.
If you’re not great with words, then you’ll prefer something like Nerdle, where you’ve got to figure out a maths equation.
If you’re here for Wordle 583 hints, check out the latest clues for the January 23 puzzle below…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 583 hints and clues for January 23…
1. Wordle 583 starts with the letter E.
2. Wordle 583 contains two vowels.
3. One of the vowels appears twice.
Published at Mon, 23 Jan 2023 18:32:00 +0000