Samsung announced a swathe of health and fitness features available on its 4K and 8K Smart TVs earlier this year and now, finally, that big upgrade is available. The South Korean firm has revealed that, starting today, television owners will be able to access the new Health platform, which features numerous was to keep help both body and mind.
Along with the ability to sync all of your health data from Samsung smartphone and wearables – like the ever-popular Galaxy Watch Active – the update includes fitness classes which can be viewed on the big screen for free. This means you’ll be able to keep tabs on the calories you’ve burned out and about and if you need to spend a little more time working out, you’ll be able to follow a step-by-step fitness class on your TV at home.
Samsung TV owners can browse a range of content including yoga, mindfulness, strength training, stretching, boxing, Pilates, cardio and more. In fact, there’s a total of 3,000 hours of content from brands such as Calm, Echelon, Fitplan, and Jillian Michaels Fitness.
“The whole intention of Samsung Health is to motivate our consumers to live healthier lives by meeting them wherever they are, across Samsung platforms,” said Won-Jin Lee, Executive Vice President of Service Business at Samsung Electronics.
“We knew that to do this, we needed to develop a user-centric and immersive platform that offered a variety of in-home fitness and wellness options. Given the current climate, we hope that the launch of Samsung Health makes it easier for our consumers to prioritise their physical and mental wellbeing on a daily basis.”
Here’s a full list of features available as part of Samsung Health:
• Personalised Profiles: Consumers can create individual accounts for themselves as well as for family members. Each account receives personalised workout recommendations based on preferences.
• Dashboard: Users can connect to Samsung wearables and accompanying mobile app to see their personal stats flow through into one centralised place. They can keep track of the daily stats synced from all devices, analyse progress, and achieve desired goals.
• Content Browse: Samsung Health on TV provides a content-forward experience that allows users to access and consume fitness and wellness content from leading industry partners on the biggest screens available.
• Routines: Samsung Health helps keep the day energised with individual routines. After consumers set a routine and when the TV is on, it will give a reminder to play personal fitness or mindfulness content according to the schedule. Whether indulging in a morning workout or finishing the day with an evening relaxation session, the routines ensure that every workout plan is carried out easily.
• Challenges: Samsung Challenges also adds cheer and fun to the activities. Users can commit to a personal goal or invite family members to participate in a shared goal. Ranging from workouts to meditation goals, users can enhance motivation and performance throughout the journey to a healthier lifestyle.
Published at Sat, 30 May 2020 06:00:00 +0000